- The Red Cross
- Preparing to Respond
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest (Including CPR-B for babies and children).
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Wound Care
- Head and Spine Injuries.
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries.
- Sudden Medical Emergencies.
- Environmental Emergencies.
- Keeping Children Safe.
Certification Valid For:
Basic one-day course offering an overview of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills with a focus on childhood injuries and illnesses. Course covers skills needed to recognize, prevent, and respond to circulation emergencies for babies and children (CPR level B). Other topics include airway and breathing emergencies, as well as prevention of disease transmission. Course is designed for those in the early childhood education industry as well as for parents/caregivers.
8 hours of teaching time.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills and pass a knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%.Must meet additional legislative requirements, if applicable.
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course.
- Instructors can facilitate the knowledge evaluation as legislation dictates and/or as participants require
Cost: 100.00 ( 9 hr)