- The Red Cross
- Preparing to Respond
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest (Including CPR-A,C, or HCP)
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Wound Care
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
Certification Valid For:
Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training for work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course covers a variety of topics from basic (circulation and breathing emergencies, and prevention of disease transmission) to in-depth (sudden medical emergencies and injuries to the head and/or spine).
14-16 hours of teaching time.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills and pass a knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%.
- Must meet additional legislative requirements, applicable.
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course.
- Instructors can facilitate the knowledge evaluation as legislation dictates and/or as participants require.
Cost: 170.00 ( 16 hrs )